Unlike the hefty price tags associated with TV advertising, online video is affordable for businesses of any size. More and more local companies are finding success using online video. Statistics show video improves visibility and drives more action than plain images and text. For example, according to the BIA Kelsey Group, viewers engage more after watching a video, with clicks for more information increasing by 30-40% and phone inquiries by 16-20%.
" Have a plan. Know what you need out of your video.
" Refrain from shooting in front of windows.
" Adjust your interior lighting accordingly.
" Use a tripod to prevent any movement of the camera.
" Follow the Rule of Thirds; whomever you are interviewing or shooting should be framed in the left or right thirds of the "box." In addition, when interviewing someone who is framed on the right, he or she should be looking at you across the open space to the left, not straight on or at the camera.
" Use headphones to detect sound problems you wouldn't otherwise hear.
" Be authentic and personal.
" Keep the video short.
" The less scripted, the better.
Whether you choose to do it yourself or hire a pro, marketing your business with online video doesn't end with the production. Videos need to be seen! Check out these tips for making the most of your video marketing:
1. Incorporate a call to action; viewers must be given a reason and a way to call you, visit your website, or stop by your store. Use unique action tracks like a trackable URL, coupon, discount code, or special phone number; this provides a tangible way to measure the results of your video.
2. Search engine algorithms weigh video heavily, giving you a great opportunity to increase your relevance in search results (and even achieve that coveted first page ranking on Google).
3. Post your video on Facebook. You will be able to strengthen existing relationships, build your brand, present special offers, and find some new customers by reaching into the extended networks of your current fan base.
4. YouTube and other video sites are great vehicles to reach an audience who might not find you otherwise. Best of all, you can create a branded YouTube channel and host your videos without incurring any bandwidth costs.
5. By adding video to your business listing on Google Local, you'll be able to tell your story and connect with those people who are looking for your products or services right when they're actively researching or ready to buy.