We’ve started collecting a list of the top mistakes that start-up entrepreneurs make so that you can hopefully avoid making them yourself.
To cast your vote and add to the list you can check out the forum post we created on the topic here. We would love to see what you think!
Here are the results so far. The top four that made the list are:
- Not having enough money
- Trying to do it all alone
- Not seeking mentors
- Not having a business plan
Other start-up mistakes that have made the list are:
- Not hiring right away
- Getting to year 1, past year 2
- Not getting involved in the community
- Surrounding yourself with people who don’t believe in your success
- Working in your business instead of on it
- Not thinking survival
- Losing momentum
- Doing it just for the money
- Going wide instead of deep into your niche
- Building sites but not driving traffic to them
- Not using email marketing
- Expecting that customers will come to you
- Over enthusiasm and unrealistic goals
- Failure to carry out your plan
What makes your list of top start-up mistakes? Once again, we've created a new post in the YE Forums and I look forward to hearing your thoughts! To cast your vote click here.