What should I do with $100,000?
I have $100,000 saved up that I am willing and able to use. I've been thinking this past year on what I should do with the money. I've narrowed down my options:
1. Invest in Stocks
2. Start a small business of some sort...
3. Start something online. A website?
1. I don't know if investing in stocks is right for me. I've read a few books and I have a decent understanding of how everything works, but I guess I won't really know how I feel unless I actually try it. I'm still very young (late teens) so I guess I have the ability to recover if I was to lose money in the stock market. To be honest, I think I'm an entrepreneur at heart. So far, the stock market doesn't really appeal to me, but again, I have yet to actually try it.
2. I'd love to start a small business. I don't really know what though. I just love the idea of selling a product or service and seeing happy customers.
3. I'd also love to start something online. Maybe a website? I could combine this option with my second option and make some sort of online business? My dream "job" would be to work at home and run some sort of online business...
I know there's no such thing as a risk-free business or investment, but what would be the BEST way to use $100,000? Something that I can feel comfortable putting my money towards...It doesn't even have to be from my list.
Most young entrepreneurs struggle because they do not have sufficient funds to start a business or invest. I feel like I have an advantage because I am very fortunate to have a large sum of money to start with at such a young age. I just don't know what to do with it! The only thing I'm certain about is that I don't want to work for someone and live from paycheck to paycheck. I want to be my own boss. Also, I'm currently in college and I really don't feel like I'm doing the right thing. I believe I am wasting my time and that there are other things to pursue in life at this moment. I'm not saying school is a complete waste, its far from that. It's just not for me...
There's no right or wrong answer to this question so all opinions are welcomed.
Thank you so much to everyone that contributes.
Do lots of research and don't sign anything until you are absolutely sure you want to invest in whatever you find.
You can start a business online without having to invest anywhere near $100k. You could always start with something small and get a feel for what you like and don't like before risking a large sum of money.
Only you will know the answer to what you want to do, but you might not really know the answer until you try a few things - with low risk of course.
You'll need to find what you love doing. No one here can give you an exact guideline on what you need to do. If you want to start a business, online or not, research everything you can and find what interests you and use the money as your starting capital. Take time to figure this out.
Read books and think about investing in real estate. Be an expert in whatever you do decide on though. That 100K is going to go quick, especially if you dont know what you're doing
1) Own a up-scale restaurant by taking loan against the asset (your balance) through a bank..make sure its at a good location somewhere in a big city..it takes couple of years to grow profit through that so don't lose heart soon enough.
2) Are you geeky as well? build some smart product after thorough research and show your prototypes to various engineering companies.
3) Get into evergreen industry like clothing/food/dairy/agriculture
there are tons of things but it all depends on what "interests" you.
Hello from Croatia!
My suggestion is to invest in countries like mine.
So, check these economic data: Economic status of Croatia right now is ideal for business investments. I read today that the unemployment rate is rapidly growing and currently is about 18,3%!!! Huge number, isn't it?
More information about most important economic indicators for Croatia you can find on CNBC.com- just put into google "cnbc croatia economic indicators". I found this web page very realistic.
In Croatia, there are many people willing to work through student employment service. A student can work for about 2,8 EUR-os per hour ( his money)+ 18% tax ( student employment service money).
Also, many people that lost their jobs are working through student employment service ( they r not students, they r only using someone's student contract to do the work - you can do that in Croatia).
I believe that the future of my country is in green business and green agricultural production.
Some of business ideas of mine : oyster mushroom growing, pet delicacy production, pellets production.....
If you r interested in business partnership, pls contact me for any further information.