Your electric and natural gas bill is made up of 3 parts, the supply, distribution and taxes. The supply portion of your bill is about 75% of your bill where the other 25% is made up of distribution and taxes. The supply is the only thing that changes, the local utility company still does maintenance and billing. When you are able to lower the supply portion of your bill, you lower your entire energy bill by up to 20%. Energy for a household or a business used to be one of those very fixed monthly expenses that got paid, come rain or shine, no matter what other economic forces were at play in the budget.
Now you have the ability to make money with a home based business in one of the biggest industries in the world. Deregulation of an industry only happens once. We have seen this happen with telecom in 1984 and the airlines in 1979. Both of these events created wealth for those who took advantage of the energy deregulation opportunity.