Barcamps are a pretty crazy entrepreneurial phenomenon if you ask us.Â I mean think about it:
- The idea of "barcamp" is only 5 years old and they have already happened in over 350 different cities across the world (including North America, South America, Africa, Europe, Australia, Asia, and the Middle East)
- The largest barcamp ever had 4700 confirmed attendees (though they tend to average closer to 200-250)
- The "conference" and the content are completely organized and provided by attendees
- They do not actually take place in a bar (though I have been to one which did!)
- They provide t-shirts, coffee, food, and beer — which is somehow all magically free to attendees.
Pretty awesome right?Â We agree.Â What is even cooler is that 3 well-known entrepreneurial brands are partnering to make barcamps even more awesome.
The concept behind "The Tour"
It is an entrepreneurial adventure to empower 10 different barcamps across the country throughout the year.Â What we really like is that the Barcamp tour isn't trying to be your "traditional sponsor".Â They want to attend every barcamp, participate, help solve a pain point for the organizers, and host a kick-ass after party which really brings the community together.
They've partnered with cool companies like StickerMule to create and hook barcamps up with free branded stickers.Â Wufoo also plans to provide free accounts to any barcamps wanting to utilize their forms for the registration process.
How to get involved
Head over to http://barcamptour.com, fill out the form, and tell them why your entrepreneurial community absolutely rocks.Â Tell them why your community is bursting with innovation and how The Tour can help your barcamp!Â Tweet at them, they are @barcamptour.Â Do whatever you can to get their attention and most importantly, show that you care.
They are hoping to kick off their tour in Boston on April 9th.Â Where should they go next?