I came across a story from the Williamsport Sun-Gazette about successful business owners sharing their secrets to success with young entrepreneurs. An event was organized to provide young people with information about entrepreneurship so they could decide if it was for them and how they could succeed.
Some of the advice that came back was:
- Never allow anybody to tell you that you can’t do it
- Set goals for yourself and don’t stop until you achieve them
- Trust the people you go into business with
- There is nothing better than going to work for yourself
- Take time to write your business plan
- Whenever you feel yourself going off track remind yourself of why you got into business for yourself
- It’s important to love what you do
- Take your business plan seriously if you want to get bank financing
What advice would you give to a young person thinking of starting a new business?